Sunday, July 31, 2011

Makin that money!

So I am writing this blog as a collection of my thoughts as I try and make money for my young family by buying and selling things on eBay. I am a teacher and I work very hard but we can always use extra money as a family of four can be very expensive.

So after a trip to goodwill with baby in tow, which was much harder than I ever imagined.....here are the things I came away with to try and sell on eBay...who knows it I will have any success but I did not spend much money at all so it is a decent first try I guess.

 This is a Fisher Price Sweet Streets doll house building: Dance Studio and Candy Shop. I have read on the Yard Sale Mommy that these sell pretty well so since I only paid 1.99 for each piece I figured it was a decent first try.
 This is the Fisher Price Sweet Streets Ocean Club House. 1.99 also.
 Sweet Streets Beauty Salon and Pet Shop: .99 for whatever reason. 
 Ok, Goodwill wasn't selling this CUTIE, but I have no shame and this is my little man. I would have paid (and am still paying that hospital, just for reference, much more than anything at goodwill is worth to have him!)
 Polly Pocket House. No Polly dolls but it did have some clothes in it. .99
These TY beanie babies are from the McDonald's series. There were four in the set when McD's released them, but I got two of them. I really don't know it they are worth anything but they are in the box and in great condition. They were .99 each. So those are my goodwill spoils...any thoughts?

3 Comments:

At July 31, 2011 at 3:36 PM , Blogger a.feierman said...

I have been totally unsuccessful the past few times I've gone to the thrift stores near me. I think I just don't go often enough. Your little guy is a cutie by the way!

www.coupontipster.com

 
At July 31, 2011 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Maggie said...

Boy do we have a lot in common! I teach 7th and 8th grade science, just turned 26 and I have a 6 month old girl (still paying her hospital bill, too!).

My goodwill has none of this cool stuff! Their toy "department" is a huge bin I almost had to climb in to look through it. I'm so jealous! Good luck with the Sweet Streets, I would put them together in a big lot! Just look at completed listings and it should give you an idea of what to do with them.

www.icansellthis.blogspot.com

 
At July 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Yard Sale Mommy said...

Former 7th grade English teacher here! Way to go on the Sweet Streets. I'm with I can sell this, our Goodwill carries little to no toys. I think they must throw them away. Wait till you have some furniture and people then lot it together!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home